Today we are dusting for Satan’s fingerprints. Satan will try to pit mom and dad against each other or one family member against the other.
- Satan is a Snake – His nature is revealed as:
- An Accuser – Job 1:6-12
- Deceiver – II Corinthians 2:11
- Liar & Murderer – John 8:44
- Tempter – Matthew 4:3
- Thief – John 10:10
With his deceitful nature, he bases his lies on half-truths.
- Satan Attacks – How he operates:
- Eve was deceived in the garden (Genesis 3:1-7). Adam sinned with his eyes open when he followed Eve. Satan knew Adam’s weakness- woman.
- King David experienced one of the worst defeats of his life at Ziklag. While he and his men were out, the Amalekites took his wives, kids and all of their goods. They wept until there was no more power to weep.
Then the devil whispered to David’s men that they should stone him. Think about it. David was called and led by God. David was their ticket to victory and success. David prayed and they pursued and they prevailed. They got their families back plus all the spoil of their enemies. In a moment of tension, mourning their loss, inundated with emotions, listening to others complain, they almost lost it all. But in their willingness to trust King David, to follow the leader, like the Apostle Paul’s crew in crisis stayed with the ship, they not only experienced God’s miracle and prosperity, but also fulfilled their goals and achieved their dreams (I Samuel 30:1-20; Acts 27:10-44, 28:1-10).
The voice of Satan will tell you that God is unfaithful, that God is the source of your problems or that God is going to abandon you. That, my friend, is deception.
- Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers. God raised him to be the number two man of power in Egypt. Joseph’s brothers came to Egypt for food and found Joseph free, safe and second in command of Egypt. They freaked out with fear. But Joseph said, “You thought evil against me, but God meant it unto good, to save much people.” (Genesis 50:20-21)
God will take your mess and give you a message. He’ll take your test and give you a testimony. God’s transcendent power will take things meant for evil and make them work for our good (Romans 8:28).
- Warfare is Inevitable – Ephesians 6:10-18
- It is in war that you become a skilled soldier. It is in war that you put into practice all that you have learned. If you choose to take a stand you will find yourself in attack mode at some point in time. Get ready, get ready, get ready, it’s not a matter of if, it is a matter of when. The Bible states that we are not to be ignorant of the wiles or tactics of the devil (Ephesians 6:11). Look around at your mess and I promise, somewhere in the evidence you will find the fingerprints of Satan.
- The good news is that God has given us all that we need to conquer in righteousness. In His Word we find provision for every circumstance. Failure is not fatal, attacks can be overcome, we are well able to take the land and be all that God has called us to be.
- Protection in Warfare – I Peter 5:5-9
- Younger submit yourselves to the older.
- Be subject one to another.
- Clothe yourself with humility.
- Humble yourself before God.
- Cast all of your care on Him.
- Be sober (mentally strong).
- vii.Be vigilant (alert, aware of your surroundings, always watching).
- viii.Resist the devil (you have to fight).
Whatever you are walking through right now, just know that God is faithful. He wants to walk with you and maybe even carry you through the hard times. It is important that we stay focused on Him so that we remain in faith and peace. We love you.
Bishop Ricky & Jeannie