YES I CAN!
Miracle Place Church
June 11, 2017
- What I expect is what comes into my life.
- Expect good things to happen in your life.
- Expect to rise higher, to climb new mountains.
- Expect new doors to open, greater opportunities to come your way.
- Expect God’s favor and blessing to always come into your life.
- Expect God’s favor at work, in your family and home, in everyday life, everywhere you go and in everything you do. God is with you and His favor is upon you.
- Expectation gives you hope which brings joy and enthusiasm which in turn causes you to be excited, to look forward to good things taking place in your life.
- Hope and anticipation releases faith that causes God to manifest what you believe and hope for. (Hebrews 11:1-3 AMP)
- Expectation – hope and anticipation will release God’s goodness and promises and enables you to strive for what you believe. Now you and God are pulling together as one. This is what faith is and how it operates. Ever do anything great without passion?
- We believe God, we are confident and trust God in every area of our lives; therefore, we are not fearful of people, building walls of insecurity and defensiveness. Man does not intimidate us because our identity is in God and we are one. God is with me and no one is better than me. I am a King’s child. (I Peter 2:9-10)
- Think back and remember the good not the bad.
- All of us have done stupid things, made mistakes, had disappointments and things that didn’t go right. We have had death, divorce, demonic attacks, dreams shattered, abuse and deception in our lives.
- The enemy will use all the bad things in your life to keep you stuck and keep you from moving forward. How? By our constant remembrance of bad events, failures, set-backs, and disappointments. Focusing on these things will paralyze and kill your faith in God’s promises and goodness. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Many of us have been so hurt and beat up, living from one crisis to another that we can hardly get the bad memories out. But you have got to change what you dwell on from the past, let go of the wounds, change the station on the screen. A set-back is just a set-up for a comeback!
- You are not overcome, you are an overcomer! You are not a victim but a victor just by changing what you choose to remember, believe, think, speak, and live. Believe in God’s favor, blessing, power, love, mercy and grace.
- Stop looking for bad luck. “Things aren’t working out like always. If I had this or that. If I was you then it would work. If I had your hand then I’d win.” No, life is what YOU make it and you only get what you can believe for. My life is my responsibility. Stop looking for bad breaks, failure, disaster and stop letting people with their negativity talk you out of your God-given blessing. Look at your neighbor and say God will bless us and see us through. We are Deuteronomy 28:1-15.
- Guard our mind, heart and mouth. (Proverbs 4:20-27)
- What you remember and think on will control your life. Your emotions and feelings will relive over and over all of your bad experiences. Change that by thinking back to something good that has happened, a child being born, a promotion, an accomplishment, coming through a difficult time, conquering a temptation, these things will help you overcome and win the victory. Can you feel it?
- Quit remembering sad, bad, hurtful, discouraging things. They are bringing a curse over you.
- God says goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life. (Psalm 23:6)
- Start reliving all the good times in your life. Forgive yourself and don’t come against the only person who can lead you out, and that person is yourself. If you are against yourself, then how could you go forward? (Psalm 103:12)
- Use something physical to remember:
- Israel placed twelve stones in the Jordan to always remember what God did for them. (Joshua 4:4-7)
- The high priest of Israel wore twelve stones on his vesture by his heart to remind him of God’s people and two stones on each shoulder to remind him of his responsibility to take care of God’s people.
- The Lord’s Supper reminds us that we have received life and healing. There is power in remembering right.
- As David stood up to kill Goliath, he understood the power of remembrance when he spoke about how God used him to slay the lion.
- What you remember will either promote you to the next phase and level of your life or it will defeat you and bring you down and keep you from moving forward. What you remember either promotes or defeats you!