How do I respond?
2 Timothy 2:24-26 (Amp)
Miracle Place Church
1. No person, no demon, no circumstance can keep you from God’s will for your life. Only you can keep you from God’s perfect will by disobedience and offense.
2. Never blame anyone for where you’re at or your situation because God holds your future. Adam and Eve blamed.
3. When we filter information through past rejection and offense we have a hard time believing in God’s goodness. We build walls to protect our hearts and realize the walls have become a prison to us. (II Corinthian’s 10:3-5)
4. Pride will keep you from admitting that you are offended. Sin hides in jealousy, envy, bitterness, anger, and unforgiveness which keeps us from forgiving and reconciling.
5. Knowledge of God’s Word without love and humility puffs up, causing us to be legalistic and judgmental. (I Corinthian’s 8:1-3; Galatians 5:6)
6. Judas betrayed Jesus, Peter denied Jesus and yet Jesus will forgive us all. “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.”
7. What we do with offense will determine our future; Joseph gives us a great example in Genesis 50:15-21.
8. The right response to offense: Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you. (Matthew 5:44)