Prayer and The Mediator
1 Timothy 2:1-8
1. What is the difference between supplication, prayer, intercession and thanksgiving prayer?
2. Is there other roads that lead to heaven other than Jesus Christ? Is Jesus the only mediator between God and man?
3. Paul teaches us to pray for all men and those in authority. Why pray like this? Are we really praying for them are really for us?
4. Five ways to pray:
A. Supplication-humble, sincere pleading, consecration. In my heart I believe supplication prayer has a lot to do with you personally being consecrated and right within yourself to God so you approach God with sincerity. Supplication has to do with your heart and God’s heart becoming one. Nadab and Abihu approached God wrong: Leviticus 10:1-3.
B. Prayers: petition, request, worship, praise, lifestyle.
C. Intercession: standing in the gap for another with your petition.
D. Giving thanks: we never stand before God without the attitude of gratitude for all that God is and has done.
E. Pray everywhere: lift holy hands, pray without anger and doubting. 1 Timothy 2:8
5. Jesus is Mediator: 1 Timothy 2:5-6
A. Some say God would be unfair if Jesus is the only way. But think of what God has done through Christ can you say it’s not enough, thanks anyway God.
B. Galatians 2:20 says Jesus gave Himself-you can give your time, money thoughts without giving yourself.
C. Jesus gave all of Him and is 100% God and 100% man in heaven which is our pattern and hope for eternity.
D. Jesus gave Himself a ransom: a hostage, a payment for our sins.
6. The wisdom of God through the Holy Spirit teaches that Jesus is the only way-John 14:6.
A. The wisdom of the world in the natural man and natural mind of man cannot believe or understand because only the Holy Spirit can reveal through revelation who Jesus is and what He has really done for us. First Corinthians 2:1-16