Hope in God
- In all of us there is a conflict of the soul. Pressure, setbacks, sickness, let
downs, broken promises, fear, discouragement, depression, temptation.
- Our hope must be in God. (Psalms 42:3-5)
- Biblical hope not only desires something good for the future: it expects it to happen.
- Hope is like a reservoir of emotional strength. When something or someone comes against us. we reach down into the reservoir of the hope of God that gives us, the strength to return good for evil.
“Vengeance is mine, says the Lord, I will repay.” (Romans 12:19)
- Hope gives us the power not to give up but to keep on fighting the good fight of faith.
- As we trust the God of hope, biblical hope will fill our reservoir to overflowing with: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperance. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- The struggle of discontentment and negativity.
- Life has not turned out to be what I thought it would be.
- Our discontentment leads us to wishfulness but turns into hopelessness: I hate being single, I married the wrong person, I hate this career, if my Church did this? I live in the wrong community, I expected different.
- One of the baits of Satan is dissatisfaction with life. It will always lead us into a downward spiral of discontentment, sin, guilt and depression. (John 10:10)
- The downward spiral will cause a curse that will destroy everything we touch, and leave us hopeless, discouraged and
- We attempt to replace or eliminate anything that leads to our disappointments.
- My spouse doesn’t satisfy me anymore so I’m going to get someone else. I hate my job, so I’m going to quit. I hate being single, so I am going to settle. My church really isn’t? So, I’m going to leave. I hate life, so I’m going to end it.
- The human heart can’t be satisfied with earthly goods or people: we always want more.
- Discontentment screams – I deserve better. But really God is not giving us what we really deserve. The devil, who twist truth, is a master deceiver and liar. Think about it what do we really deserve.
- Life has to be defined by God – not me. Say no, my life is not defined by what has taken place in the past, neither can I relive the past. My life will not be defined by where I thought I should be by now.
- “For the Lord God is a Sun and Shield: The Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly. Oh Lord of host, blessed is the man that trust in You.” (Psalms 84:11-12)
- God illuminates, invigorates, warms, and sustains life like the sun. He protects and defends all who trust in Him, as a shield in the hands of a mighty warrior.
- Get out of the pit. Shift your thoughts to hope in God. Choose to trust Him.
- Take your eyes off your problems and fix your eyes on the Lord. Say, God is working for my good. (Romans 8:28)
- Make the best out of everything in life.
- Give the benefit of the doubt always and be positive.
- Always believe what the Bible says about how God sees you. “For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of good and not evil to give you a hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- Wholeheartedly embrace the life you have now with joy and acceptance, and not with grudgingly obedience.
- Receive and welcome whatever the Lord gives you, even when it’s not in your plans.
- Say, I am fully present, living in the now, finding joy in the now and not longing for what I don’t have.
- Inheriting God’s promises.
- God promises us full assurance of hope and that through faith and patience we will inherit God’s promises. (Hebrews 6:11-12)
- God promises us full assurance of faith as we draw near to God with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering for He is faithful that promised.” (Hebrews 10:22-23)
- God promises us victory. “But thanks be to God, which gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- God promises to keep us. “And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:7)
- God promises us Sonship. ‘Wherefore you are no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 4:7)
- God will perform a good work in you until Jesus comes back. “For I am persuaded that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
- God promises goodness and mercy will be with you all the days of your life. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of my life and you will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” (Psalms 23:6)
- Nothing can defeat you, you are unstoppable. “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for you, who could be against you?” (Romans 8:31)
- God will crush Satan under your feet. “And the God of peace shall crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.” (Romans 16:20)
- God is greater than anything you face in this world. “Because
greater is He that is in you who is God, than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:4)
- We overcome by the blood of the lamb, by the word of our testimony and we love not our lives unto death. “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” (Revelations 12:11)
- God promises that we will ultimately live with Him for eternity in a utopia. “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, neither crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.” (Revelations 21:1-7)
- In closing:
- Make the best out of everything in life.
- Always give the benefit of the doubt to people and always be
- Always see what is right and you will always get right in your life.
- Satisfaction, contentment, fulfillment, never come from outside of you, but comes from God within you.
- What we believe, what we hope for, what we have faith for, connects us to whatever we believe.
- I choose to believe God and His word, and I know that all His promises will come to pass in my life. His promises are yes and
amen. (2 Corinthians 1:20)