What is departing from the faith?
What is a seared conscience?
- 1. “Now the Spirit speaks expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils”. (1 Timothy 4:1) a. God’s Spirit speaks concerning the last days which is an era of over 1900 years – the church dispensation.
- b. Some will depart from the faith, they will stop following the truth of God and His word.
- c. Some will give heed to seducing spirits, demon enticement and deception.
- d. Some will heed doctrines of devils. Demons through thousands of years have crafted doctrines and systems that have a spiritual dynamic to release demonic power and deception.
- 2. “Speaking lies in hypocrisy having their conscience seared with a hot iron”. (1Timothy 4:2) a. These are agents of demons who pretend inspiration and revelation who have departed from the truth of God’s word.
- b. Some are willing to embrace falsehood to justify their sin and pride.
- c. Some teach the Bible as a prop for their own ideas.
- d. Some lies are so powerful because they are crafted and marketed by deception of demon spirits.
- 3. Having their own conscience seared: a. Seared is the idea of the nerve end being burned so I do not feel conviction. Paul is an example. (Acts 26:9-20)
- b. Seared with a hot iron is the idea of a criminal branded in the forehead with a mark to Identify him. Their hypocrisy and lies mark them.
- c. Seared is to make one callous, withered, hardened and to make insensible to right and wrong.
- 4. “Forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meat which God has created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth”. (1 Timothy 4:3)
a. Forbidding to marry is a doctrine of demons to entice people to meet their needs outside the sanctity of marriage which is the wedlock of God.
b. The Bible teaches “Marriage is honorable to all; the marriage bed is undefiled.” (Hebrews 13:4)
c. Commanding to abstain from meat is another doctrine of demons to come against our freedom we have in Christ. Another form of bondage and enticement to self-righteousness. Because I have sacrificed, now God owes me, look how spiritual I am. I’m better than you because I don’t eat pork.
d. Some doctrines of demons teach: God is not real, Christ is not real, the Holy Spirit is not real, there are other ways than the atonement of Christ, Jesus really didn’t die and resurrect from the dead, there is no sin, there is no Satan, there is no hell.
a. When we receive things with Thanksgiving we are saying, God you have created, and you have blessed me with gifts of food, shelter, provision. These things are not my rights but because of your favor and blessing You have given to me. Lord I am so grateful to You for all that you do for me.
b. Nothing to be refused: God’s original plan for us was not to be limited by any kind of diet. What we eat does not make us more righteous before God. Though some foods are better for your health.
a. Food is sanctified by the word of God and prayer because God said, “I have given you every herb and every moving thing that lives shall be food for you.” (Genesis 9:3)
b. God is teaching us to pray over our food that He gives us with Thanksgiving to Him. We must never fall into a ritualistic superstitious way of praying that my heart is not connected to God. (Matthew 6:5)
c. So, what does all this mean that I can eat everything. Are you saying that I should start eating buzzards and rats? There is no law of God against you doing it, but I am not. Obviously, we have to use common sense. “All things are lawful to me but not all things are profitable to me”. (1Corinthians 10:23, 1 Corinthians 6:12)
5. “For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving, for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer”. (1 Timothy 4:4)
6. “For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer”. (1 Timothy 5:5)
7. The key: How important it is to be grateful, to pray and to live according to the word of God.