Church Members Reaching Generations
Why Do Church Kids Leave The Church
And Go Into the World?
I Timothy 4:6-16
Miracle Place Church
September 13, 2018
- 1. “Now also when I am old and gray headed, Oh God, forsake me not, until I have showed your strength to this generation, and your power to everyone that is to come.” (Psalms 71:18) a. God has called us to show, proclaim and teach generations, the might of God, the power of God.
- 2. Jeannie and I have raised two boys, Stirling and Zachary in this church. a. I thank God for His blessing and favor to raise our family in this great church.
- b. Today, by God’s amazing grace, both of our boys serve God and are still connected to Miracle Place Church.
- c. Now today Jeannie and I have grandbabies, Lila and Stirling, that we are raising here at Miracle Place Church.
- d. So, by the mercy and grace of God, we are showing God’s strength and power to two generations. That means You and I don’t ever plan on getting old, LOL.
- 3. Israel’s mistake: “All that generation also were gathered to their fathers. And there arose another generation after them who did not know the Lord or the work He had done for Israel.” (Judges 2:10)
a. How could that happen? The church did not teach their children the heart and works of God.
b. Many parents choose not to raise their children in church.
c. Even church children from evangelical churches leave and go into the world.
d. So, what is Miracle Place Church gonna do? Let’s make our church family here different. Let’s go after the generations. Let’s make Miracle Place Church exciting and fun to serve God at every age level and group.
e. Let’s ask every church member to get involved in loving, serving and reaching out to every generation in our church and in the world we live in.
a. “Let no man despise you” (1 Timothy 4:12)
b. “Be an example: in word, in behavior, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity” (1 Timothy 4:12)
c. Use your gifts (1 Timothy 4:14, Romans 12:5-8, I Corinthians 12:7-12)
d. Meditate – think. (1 Timothy 4:15)
e. Give yourself wholly – sell out to God and His work. (1 Timothy 4:15)
f. Take heed unto yourself, guard yourself. (1 Timothy 4:16)
g. Take heed unto the doctrine – know what you’re saying and teaching. (1 Timothy 4:16)
h. Continue, keep living it. (1 Timothy 4:16)
i. The promise: “In your doing, you will save yourself and all that hear you” (1 Timothy 4:16)
4. How can I be a mature believer to the generations? (1 Timothy 4:12-16)
5. I believe that here at Miracle Place Church, it will reach generations to come as we live and leave a Godly living legacy. Who will believe for generations to come with me?