Life That Speaks Louder Than Death Exodus 20:1-6 (NLT)
Miracle Place Church September 30, 2018
- Breaking the generational curse: Any mold that is not a Godly mold must be broken: Some families struggle with a curse of religion, racism, pride, drugs, alcohol, etc.
- How Ricky Sinclair broke the generational curse in his family. I was raised in what I thought was a great family. There was love and I was taught right from wrong to some degree. Later I would realize that there was a problem. We only went to church on Christmas and very rarely at other times. I never heard or read any Bible scriptures. But in my heart, some kind of way, I believed in God but had no idea of how to live for Him. My parents were caught up in the world of making a living, fighting, drinking, partying and growing and smoking marijuana. This ungodly lifestyle past right down to me. I took on this lifestyle through seeing and being associated with my parents.
- My dad died at the age of 44 because of his hard-partying lifestyle while I was 18 in jail for the first time, charged with distribution of cocaine, Valium and marijuana. I will never forget the sheriff who picked me up from the jail and took me to the hospital and there was my dad dead. After those charges I was busted two more times as well as escaped where I was chased by the Angola Chase team for 56 days by bloodhounds in the Louisiana swamps.
- Finally, I was caught by the swat team facing six more felony charges and a life sentence. God used this to finally make me think about my family, my lifestyle and my future.
- So, at age 22 I started reading the Bible in that little lock down jail cell. I read the Bible from Genesis to Revelations twice straight through for days, weeks, months and ultimately for years. I did not know God or His will or His ways, but as I read, it changed my heart that lead to my life changing. My desires for the world, drugs and alcohol changed. The more I read and learned of God, the more I wanted God and His kingdom in my life. The haters and the criticizes said I was playing God and that what I said concerning God in my life was not real. But I chose God and God was with me in that lonely, dark place facing a life sentence by myself. My wife and my family could not understand me. I was
the talk of the town, an outcast, as far as people were concerned, a no-good son of a gun. Slander, gossip, hatred and judgment was against me and my family as people looked down at us. But against all the odds of the world, God Himself came to me in the pain, the fear, the shame, and the embarrassment, while the haters and the slanderous came against me. God came to me through His Word and His Spirit and I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in that little lock down jail cell. While the world was hating and judging me God was loving me and caring for me. My life was translated from a curse to God’s blessing. I went from death to life and God’s favor came into my life. It took about six months to really start to see the difference from the curse to God’s blessing. But I refused to give up on God. God gave me favor with all the courts and I ended up doing 3 1/2 years in the place of what should’ve been a life sentence. God knew I needed time to develop a foundation of His Word in me, so I could stand against the world and its temptation and enticement without falling. That was over 31 years ago and me and Jeannie have been together now for over 35 years.
- I buried all my family, my dad at 44, my mother at 47 and my brother at 40. They all died under the curse of drugs and alcohol because they did not break the curse through the power of the blood of Jesus Christ.
from our sins in His own blood and has made us kings and priest unto God and His Father to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.”
- We are royalty because God is in our life now. 1 Peter 2:9-10: “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people that you should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. Which in time past were not a people but are now the people of God which had not obtain mercy but now have obtain mercy.”
- You have received an inheritance of the saints.
…Been delivered from the power of darkness,
…Have been translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ,
…Been redeemed through the blood of Jesus Christ,
…Have receive forgiveness of all your sins,
…This inheritance is done and made possible by Him who created all that is, in heaven and that is in earth.
…All has been created by Him and for Him.
…Your inheritance is backed by Him who is before all things and by Him all things consist.
…How’s that for a guarantee: Christ says I guarantee you.
Colossians 1:12-19: “Given thanks unto the Father, which has made us able to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: who has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through His blood even the forgiveness of sins: who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him: and He is before all things and by Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body the church who is the beginning, the first born from the dead, that in all things He might have the preeminence. For it please the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell.”
- Today I pray you will make a decision for God and live for Him, applying His Word, His Power, and His inheritance that will break any generational curse and release a Godly legacy into you and your family up to 1000’s of generations. Your decision for God will release God’s mercy and His kingdom into your legacy for thousands.
This is the life that speaks louder than death.