1 Chronicles 29:11-13
1. Chosen to what, for what?
A. Chosen by God means God has placed you into His Divine Kingdom, His family.
B. Jesus is king of His kingdom and rules by Divine Sovereignty. “The Lord has prepared His throne in the heavens and His kingdom rules over all.” (Psalms 103:19)
C. When does God’s kingdom start? Now. “The law and the prophets were until John, since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man passes into it.” (Luke 16:16)
2. God rules the universal kingdom but there are kingdoms that God permits within His universal kingdom.
A. God permits the kingdom of darkness directed by Satan who challenges the sovereignty of God’s rule because of free mortal agency. “And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand. And if Satan cast out Satan he is divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand?” (Matthew 12:25-26)
B. Division is never God’s kingdom. I must choose God’s Kingdom over division.
C. I must choose God over temptation. “And the devil said unto Him, all this power will I give you and the glory of them, for that is delivered unto me and to whomsoever I will, I give it.” (Luke 4:6)
D. God permits governments and the kingdoms of men.
E. Success is a test: I must choose God over pride. King Nebuchadnezzar built the great Babylonian king dumb and allowed pride to come into his life that exalted himself above God. (Daniel 4:29-37)
F. He lost his mind thinking he was a cow and ended up in the wilderness for seven years tell he learned that there is no kingdom above God and God rules over all.
3. God operates His spiritual kingdom rule in the hearts of those who put their trust in Jesus Christ. “And when Jesus was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, the kingdom of God comes not with observation. Neither shall they say here, or there! The kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:20-21)
A. By my choice to choose Jesus Christ, I become chosen of God and have a Kingdom right to pray as one of his disciples. Jesus taught His disciples to pray. “Do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Don’t be like them for your Father knows what things you have need of before you ask Him. This is how you pray, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be your name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, for Thine is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory Forever and Ever, Amen.” (Matthew 6:7-13)
4. Kingdom Power and His qualifications: Who and How?
A. 10 lepers: They just cried out to Jesus and were cleansed. If you cry out to Him, He will release the power of His Kingdom and cleanse you. (Luke 17:12-19)
B. Woman caught in adultery: The people judging her brought her to Jesus. She received God’s grace, mercy and deliverance that changed her life. God’s kingdom is so powerful and wonderful that we often find it as our accusers bring us to Jesus. In the mist of the criticizes and the haters in the pain and the suffering in the embarrassment there is Jesus. We must accept and receive Him. (John 8:1-11)
C. The woman with the issue of blood. Sick and tired of being tired of being sick. She goes after Jesus with everything that is within her and receives the power of Jesus’s kingdom-Healing. Today healing is for you go after Jesus at all cost. (Luke 8:43-48)
D. Jairus, a leader over a Jewish synagogue, has a daughter sick and then dies. Jesus goes to his house and raises her from the dead. Today maybe you have an impossible, looks like situation. The power of Jesus’s kingdom will come into that situation and raise it from the dead. (Luke 8:41-42, 49-56)
E. Nicodemus, a Jewish Pharisee, came to Jesus by night. Jesus teaches him how to be born again. How to be qualified for the kingdom of God. (John 3:1-21)
5. Closing comments: “For the kingdom of God is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.” (Romans 14:17)
A. Without the power of God’s kingdom, life is Death, Confusion, Frustration, Stressful and Chaotic.
B. Life makes no sense without God and the power of His kingdom working in you and through you.
C. Today you have a choice to be chosen. Chose King Jesus and the miracle working power of His Kingdom will manifest in you and in your whole life.
D. This will be the best decision you ever made in your life. I’m praying that you make the right decision in your life.
Prayer of Jabez
“Oh God that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me and all that I do and keep me from all trouble and pain. And God granted him his request.” (1 Chronicles 4:9-10)
1. Pray in your private time with God each day over the Word.
2. Pray with your family at meals and in devotions.
3. Pray with husbands and wives.
4. Pray with roommates and friends.
5. Pray in small groups.
6. Pray in the sanctuary here at Miracle Place on Wednesday’s at 10:30.
7. Pray in worship services.
8. Pray during the day as you walk by the Spirit and breathe out your dependence on God and He breathes into you the grace of faith and life and love and joy and obedience and witness.
Jabez name means pain because he brought his mom pain through childbirth. He didn’t want to cause others pain.