Christ the Power
Ephesians 1:15-23 KJV
The prayer of the apostle Paul for us is that the Father of Glory may give unto us the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation in the KNOWLEDGE of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 1:17) Could it be we see but don’t really see? Could it be we know but we really don’t know? How? Why?
1. The resurrection Power of Christ can only be understood by the revelation of the Holy Spirit. God the Holy Spirit has to reveal to our hearts spiritual things so that the eyes of our understanding will be enlightened. (Ephesians 1:18)
2. The knowledge of Christ always comes when we reach the end of ourselves.
a. We never look to God and depend upon God until there is a need we can’t handle like pain, trouble, devastation, panic, the curse.
b. The knowledge of Christ comes when I’m out of control.
3. What is the hope? What is His calling? What is His inheritance?
a. The apostle Paul prayed that the Holy Spirit would ENLIGHTEN us to KNOW what is the HOPE of HIS CALLING and what are the RICHES of HIS INHERITANCE in the Saints. (Ephesians 1:18)
4. What is the immeasurable greatness of His power? That YOU would UNDERSTAND the EXCEEDING GREATNESS of HIS POWER to USWARD who BELIEVE, according to HIS MIGHTY POWER. (Ephesians 1:19) The exceeding great power takes me:
a. From death to life
b. From lost to found
c. From darkness to light
d. From confusion to systematic
e. From fear to faith
f. From chaos to conquering
g. From complaining to confidence
h. From stumbling to standing
i. From sorrow to soaring
j. From poverty to plenty
k. From unfulfilled to fulfilled
5. The Resurrection Power is IN Christ when the Father raised Him from the dead and set Him on His right hand in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 1:20)
a. As believers BELIEVE they are placed IN CHRIST.
b. Watch: “But God, who is rich in mercy for His great love wherewith He loved us.” (Ephesians: 2:4)
c. “Even when we were dead in sins, He has made us ALIVE TOGETHER with CHRIST, by grace you are saved.” (Ephesians 2:5)
d. “And has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places IN Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2:6)
e. “That in the ages to come, He might show the exceeding riches of His grace and His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.” (Ephesians 2:7)
f. “For by GRACE are you SAVED through FAITH, and that not of yourselves, it is the GIFT of GOD.” (Ephesians 2:8)
g. “Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:9)
h. “For WE are HIS WORKMANSHIP, CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS unto GOOD WORKS, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
6. IN Christ Jesus we have been RAISED ABOVE ALL principalities, power, might and dominion and every name that is named, not ONLY in this WORLD, but ALSO in the WORLD which IS TO COME.” (Ephesians 1:21)
a. ARE you BELIEVING WHO you are IN CHRIST JESUS?
b. Are you beginning to understand that NOTHING in this world HAS POWER OVER YOU?
c. There is NO NAME that is named that has authority over you IN CHRIST.
d. Stop fighting, quit the bad habits, stop living beneath and live above where you are seated IN CHRIST at God’s right hand.
e. This is the apostle Paul’s prayer for us: To understand by revelation the resurrection power of Christ.
7. The problem: We don’t really believe. I say this with tears in my eyes. “God, I pray for myself, Ricky Sinclair. Help me see with my spirit and believe with my heart. God the noise of the world, I can’t think, I can’t hear, the craziness of the world, the busyness has clouded your voice. I can only hear your voice in the quiet and in the stillness. Help me get out of the world so that I can hear what your Holy Spirit is saying to my heart.”
God your power is not three points or some kind of positive self helps program.
GOD Your POWER is CHRIST and HIM alone.
8. How important is the church? Well, the Father has put all things, all authority under Christ feet and has given Him to be the HEAD of the church.
a. The resurrection power (Jesus) is the head. He runs and oversees the church (us).
b. Think about what I am praying and preaching today? What needs resurrection in your life? Salvation, family, health, finances, attitude, business, lifestyle?
Will you join the church? That’s where Christ’s resurrection power fills all in all. (Ephesians 1:22-23)
Next week: The Purpose
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.