YES I CAN!
The Winning Attitude
August 13, 2017
- I. What is attitude?
- A. It is how and what we think and feel towards what we believe.
- 1. Every day we choose our attitude.
- 2. We determine how we see life, situations, circumstances, relationships, and happiness.
- 3. What we focus on determines the creation of our lives. “I only have a half a glass of water left.” Or “Man, I still have a half a glass of water – praise the Lord!”
- 4. If I focus on the negative problems or obstacles it will cause the emotion and feeling of despair, worry and discouragement that will stagnate and hinder me from the abundant life that is in God. (John 10:10)
- 5. I must focus on God and His goodness, expecting, hoping, believing, loving, serving, seeing the good things that are happening to me. Rejoice in the Lord, always praise the Lord for His power is at hand. (Philippians 4:4-5)
- II. What we focus on is what will manifest in our lives.
- A. I must then think positive, look for what is good, right, being grateful, thankful and always appreciative. “Lord, today I know you have me. You are faithful and I can trust you in every situation in my life. All is well.”
- B. When we think and focus on positive possibilities we move forward and see favor, increase and blessing.
- C. Problems, situations, circumstances have not made us negative, it’s our attitude.
- D. A winner is someone who always finds a way to win, who will never give up, one who believes no matter what it looks like.
- E. A winner will never make an excuse or complain, but will keep a God perspective that says – with God all things are possible.
- III. Think a winning attitude (Colossians 3:2)
- A. Change how and what you think.
- 1. Think to yourself: I am winning, victory is mine, God’s blessing and favor is upon me. It is well with my soul. Everything is going to work out. I am a child of God and by His authority I have overcome and will overcome, all glory to God!
- 2. My attitude is how I think and what I think is how I believe which is my faith.
- 3. What releases God to work in my life is believing in who He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6)
- 4. Now believe God, expect God. I am successful, I am healthy and whole, God’s favor and blessing is upon my life. My hopes are up and I expect success.
- 5. Even while she knew her son was dead, the Shunammite woman told everyone, “It is well.” She believed that God would do a miracle and raise her son from the dead. Sure enough God gave her son back to her because she chose to believe God and not the circumstance. (II Kings 4:8-37)
- 1. Focus on God.
- 2. Focus on the positive.
- 3. Change your mindset to believe in the goodness of God and His promises.
As we look to God our faith will release God to move in our lives.