I Am A Child of God
Who do you say you are?
Who does God say you are?
- How do I know that I am a child of God?
- Explain your experience?
- We believe in Jesus – People – Community.
- I belong to the family of God. How? (Romans 8:14-16)
A. Born Again: The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Godhead in you.
B. Adopted: From darkness (Ignorance) to light (Truth).
C. We now say Abba Father: Relationship – Daddy, Papa Father.
D. Spirit beareth: leading you, guiding you, holding you up, supporting you, bringing you forth, carrying you, in suffering He equips you to endure.
E. Witness with our spirit that we are children of God. How does the Holy Spirit witness to our spirit?
F. Think about a witness in a court room and what they witness too.
G. Witness – To have knowledge relevant, to have personal knowledge from experience, evidence, proof, sees fact, observer, watcher, notes, sees event, testifies before judicial watch.
- The Holy Spirit will wage war against sin (missing the mark) Satan (temptation) self (desire).
A. One of the evidences of the Holy Spirit waging war is He causes me to hate my sin.
B. If we become friends with our sin and have gotten comfortable in it, then we are either weak and growing or we don’t have the Holy Spirit. Only God in us can answer that.
A. The community serving one another helps each other by seeing spots on others back that they cannot see.
B. Why did you do that?
C. Why did you say that like that?
D. The Holy Spirit will speak to you first about an area.
• Then He will send a witness from the community to share with you about that area.
• If you still don’t get it by then, the Lord will expose that area publicly.
E. All because the Lord loves us more than anything else in the world.
- The Holy Spirit is our helper, our strengthener, our standby, our intercessor, our comforter and our advocate. He is life and a life giver and because of Him we have life. (Romans 8:10-13)
- We know that we are children of God because the Holy Spirit witnesses with our spirit all these evidences.
The 40 I Am’s
Confessing the 40 I AM’s on a daily basis will cause you to see yourself the way God sees you. When you begin to see yourself from God’s perspective, the opinions of men, the devil, even the voice in your own mind can’t deceive you. You are who God says you are.
- I AM LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD – ROMANS 8:14
- I AM A SON OF GOD – ROMANS 8:14
- I AM A CHILD OF GOD – ROMANS 8:16
- I AM AN HEIR OF GOD AND A JOINT HEIR WITH JESUS – ROMANS 8:17
- I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR – ROMANS 8:37
- I AM BLESSED COMING IN AND BLESSED GOING OUT – DEUTERONOMY 28:6
- I AM OBSERVING AND DOING THE LORD’S COMMANDMENTS – DEUTERONOMY 28:12
- I AM ABOVE ONLY AND NOT BENEATH – DEUTERONOMY 28:13
- I AM BLESSING THE LORD AT ALL TIMES AND CONTINUALLY PRAISING THE LORD WITH MY MOUTH – PSALMS 34:1
- I AM KEPT IN SAFETY WHEREVER I GO – PSALMS 91:11
- I AM REDEEMED FROM THE HAND OF THE ENEMY – PSALMS 107:2
- I AM THE SALT AND LIGHT OF THE WORLD – MATTHEW 5:13-14
- I AM ESTABLISHING GOD’S WORD HERE ON EARTH – MATTHEW 16:19
- I AM EXERCISING MY AUTHORITY OVER THE ENEMY – LUKE 10:19
- I AM JUSTIFIED – ROMANS 5:1
- I AM BEING TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF MY MIND – ROMANS 12:1-2
- I AM SANCTIFIED – 1 CORINTHIANS 1:2
- I AM A LABORER TOGETHER WITH GOD – 1 CORINTHIANS 3:9
- I AM NOT MOVED BY WHAT I SEE – 2 CORINTHIANS 4:18
- I AM WALKING BY FAITH AND NOT BY SIGHT – 2 CORINTHIANS 5:7
- I AM A NEW CREATURE – 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17
- I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST – 2 CORINTHIANS 5:21
- I AM CASTING DOWN VAIN IMAGINATIONS – 2 CORINTHIANS 10:4-5
- I AM REDEEMED FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW – GALATIANS 3:13
- I AM HEIR TO THE BLESSINGS OF ABRAHAM – GALATIANS 3:13-14
- I AM BRINGING EVERY THOUGHT INTO CAPTIVITY – 2 CORINTHIANS 10:5
- I AM BLESSED WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS – EPHESIANS 1:3
- I AM SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH – EPHESIANS 2:8
- I AM AN IMITATOR OF JESUS CHRIST – EPHESIANS 5:1
- I AM STRONG IN THE LORD AND IN THE POWER OF HIS MIGHT – EPHESIANS 6:10
- I AM ABLE TO DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME – PHILIPPIANS 4:13
- I AM GETTING ALL MY NEEDS MET BY JESUS – PHILIPPIANS 4:19
- I AM DELIVERED FROM THE POWER OF DARKNESS – COLOSSIANS 1:13
- I AM FORGIVEN – COLOSSIANS 1:13-14
- I AM HEALED BY CHRIST STRIPS – 1 PETER 2:24
- I AM CASTING ALL MY CARES ON JESUS – 1 PETER 5:7
- I AM A PARTAKER OF HIS DIVINE NATURE – 2 PETER 1:4
- I AM DAILY OVERCOMING THE DEVIL – 1 JOHN 4:4
- I AM AN HEIR OF ETERNAL LIFE – 1 JOHN 5:11-12
- I AM AN OVERCOMER BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF MY TESTIMONY – REVELATIONS 12:11