Today I want to teach you eight emotions the enemy uses to try and destroy your life. The plan of the enemy is to divide and conquer. He causes problems in our life, marriage, job, children, ministry, neighbors and friends, all to destroy us and the relationships that we need to fulfill the plan and will of God for our life.
Man is a spirit, he has a soul (mind, will, emotions) and he lives in a body. The enemy attacks our soulish realm, that’s where the battle is fought.
1. Resentment: Is the feeling that you are being used. “I’m not appreciated, I’ve been passed up for a position.” The way I have dealt with this is by keeping my heart clean and pure and to know that I’m not seeking a reward from anyone when I do something for people. I’m doing what I do for the Lord. It is God who blesses me, and my reward is in Him.
2. Discouragement: Comes when we don’t see any fruit or enough production. It is in this time you must dig deep down into your spirit and rise up, suck it up and dig it out. The Bible says, “Be not weary in well doing, if you faint not, you shall reap in due season.” (Galatians 6:9)
3. Self-pity: Why me? Take your eyes off of yourself and stop being so selfish. Serve people and be a giver and not a taker. Now your blessing is coming to pass.
4. Rejection: Understand you are accepted, not rejected. You are blessed with the blessing of God. You are special, God loves you and accepts you just like you are. People will talk about you but don’t take them personally. Keep your heart pure and don’t get down on their level.
Keep your mouth shut and let the Lord defend you.
5. Correction: Be teachable and accept correction. We must stay humble in the sight of God. (1 Peter 5:6)
6. Temptation: God has made a way of escape. (1 Corinthians 10:13) Don’t fall, keep standing. (James 1:12)
7. Confusion: Don’t lose sight of the vision of God. Stay focused.
8. Distraction: The devil will cause you to be so busy with the world (camping, hunting, working, etc.) that you miss God in your life.
Balance is the key!