Kingdom of God
-What would the world look like without the Bible?
I. Last week recap: we talked about the great commission of the church.
A. We said Jesus, the resurrected Christ, gave us power and authority to teach and invite all nations to Him.
B. We talked about our mission to carry His presence, His love and His healing to Baker and to everywhere we go.
C. We talked about partnering with canopyofprayerbakerla.com to sign up to walk the streets of Baker, praying over every street, home, family.
D. For the Canopy of Prayer walk we will meet Saturday, October 5th at 8 AM at the Baker Municipal Building 3325 Groom Rd., Baker, LA. We will conclude with a Prayer Rally back at Municipal Center at noon.
E. Please start to make plans and pray and fast for God to move at Kingdom Forward this year. Kingdom Forward starts Thursday, October 10, 11th, 12th at 6:30 PM and closes Sunday, October 13, at 11 AM. As we come together in unity, our lives will never be the same. Pray for our outreaches! October is a big outreach month for Miracle Place Church.
II. Today we want to talk about the Kingdom of God and how important the Bible is.
A. We can’t overstate how important God’s Word is.
1. The Bible is a God-inspired book, it is living, it is Spirit and life. (John 6:63; I Timothy 3:16-17)
2. The Word of God is alive and powerful; it cuts evil out of our spirit, soul and body. It is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of our heart. (Hebrews 4:12)
3. The Word of God is the only source for absolute divine authority and truth. (John 8:32, 36) God’s Word is forever settled in heaven. (Psalms 119:89)
4. God’s Word is the only thing that gives us God’s strength and comfort in pain and tribulation. His Word brings peace, love, acceptance and He promises that everything is going to be all right. (Isaiah 41:10) Deuteronomy 31:6 reads, “Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
B. The Bible is the single most important book ever written.
1. It has literally changed people’s hearts and desires and shaped the world we live in.
2. Without the Bible there would be no historic recording of Jesus our Savior. He is the most important revelation of God to the world. Without Christ there is no salvation. (John 14:6)
3. Think of the charitable organizations started and maintained worldwide because of the Bible.
4. Ricky and Jeannie Sinclair were heavy drinkers and strung out on drugs. They both experienced God and began reading the Bible. It saved and freed them over 30 years ago.
-They raised their family by the Bible.
-They started All the Way House for men in order to fight the drug epidemic and the leadership crisis here in America.
-They started Miracle Place Church to lead people into the presence of God.
-They started the Leaders’ Institute to equip the saints for the work of the ministry.
-Ricky writes books and sermons to broadcast every day online and on TV to reveal the wonderful good news of Christ the Savior, the Deliverer, the Prince of Peace, the Mighty God. (Isaiah 9:6)
-Think about it, Ricky Sinclair never liked school, books or reading until the Bible changed him.
5. The Bible is the best-selling book in the whole world and is available throughout the world even where it is illegal on electronic format and CD. It is free on the Internet and offered in most languages.
C. People are willing to die, have died and are dying now for this book.
1. In many countries today this book is illegal, discouraged and banned and even a crime to possess much less distribute.
2. This book has been praised, cursed, restricted, band, desecrated, burned and fought over.
-People swear on it and some swear at it.
3. For hundreds of years people have tried to eliminate it, but no one has ever been able to destroy God‘s Word, the Holy Bible.
4. Many people have been tortured, lost their freedom and their lives for printing it. This book is hated and loved at the same time.
5. The Bible, by design, provokes a strong response either for a positive or negative direction.
-You’ll either love it or hate it depending on what kingdom and spirit controls you.
6. The Bible is so controversial that conflicts and wars are started in homes, families, schools, churches, governments, and countries.
7. The controversy is all about two spiritual kingdoms fighting for the control of man.
-When man’s heart hears God’s Word and receives Him, he is changed forever through a personal experience and relationship with Him on a daily basis. (Matthew 13:15)
D. The Bible itself represents God, His will, His plan and His purpose for mankind. God’s true freedom.
1. The Bible is God’s book to all people. No single group of people have a monopoly on the Bible.
2. The Bible belongs to everyone, every culture, tribe and race of people.
-Its message is for every person, everywhere and in every time period.
-It is relevant to our everyday lives.
-Not one jot or tittle shall pass until it is all fulfilled.
3. The Bible is for us to decide whether or not to believe its message.
E. The Bible is the mind and heart of God.
1. The Bible teaches us the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners and the power and joy of believers.
2. The teaching of the Bible is holy and binding, its history is true and its decisions cannot be altered or changed.
3. Please read and study the Bible to be wise:
-Believe it to be safe.
-Practice it to know God and to experience His presence.
4. The Bible contains God’s light enabling us to see His direction for our life. Without it we are spiritually blind, lost and dead.
5. The Bible is God’s food that supports and sustains us. It is food for our spirit and soul. (Matthew 4:4)
6. The Bible is God’s Word; it is Spirit and Life that cheers us and comforts us.
7. The Bible is the:
-The pilgrim’s staff,
-The pilot’s compass,
-The soldier’s sword, and
-The Christian’s character.
8. The Bible restores paradise, opens heaven and closes the gates of hell.
9. The Bible’s grand subject is Christ for our good and for the glory of God.
10. The Bible should fill our memory, rule our heart and guide our feet.
11. The Bible must be read slowly, frequently and prayerfully.
12. The Bible is a mine of wealth, a river of God’s glory, power and authority.
13. The Bible leads us to the cross, the empty tomb, and the resurrected life in Christ for eternity.
14. The Bible is the most important book in the entire world. It is God, the Word of Life.
Why do some people read the Bible and never change for God?