“1 I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.” (Psalms 9:1-2)
I. Psalms 8:1, Do you know who I am?
“1 O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.” (Psalms 8:1)
1. Oh Lord our Lord: Jehovah is our sovereign, director, ruler, judge, supporter and supplier.
2. God your name is excellent in all the earth. Not part, but in all the earth.
3. God your glory is higher and above all the heavens.
II. Psalms 8:2, Why does God ordain strength in you (babes)?
“2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.” (Psalms 8:2)
1. That no flash can glory in His Presence, God uses the weak things of this world.
(1 Corinthians 1:23-31)
“23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:–
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.–
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:–
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.”
(1 Corinthians 1:23-31)
III. Psalms 8:3, Why is the universe a work of God’s fingers? —
“3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;” (Psalms 8:3)–
1. God is an artist but more because He holds and gives His art life.
2. God measures all the waters in the hollow of His hand. (Isaiah 40:12) —
3. Think about how great God is, He says heaven is My throne and earth is My footstool. (Isaiah 66:1)
4. Then David says, God’s hand was heavy upon him. (Psalms 32:4 Amplified) —
IV. Think and talk about it:
1. A 200-inch telescope can see things in space over 600,000,000 light years (or 3.6 sextillion miles) from earth.–
2. This is how far light can travel in this many years at the rate of 186,324 miles a second.
3. A light year is about (5.8 trillion) 5,800,000,000,000 miles.
4. Million – 6 zeros
Billion – 9 zeros
Trillion – 12 zeros
Sextillion – 21 zeros —
V. Right now, I give you 5 seconds to give God your best praise. His glory is above the heavens. He is beyond anything that you can imagine or conceive in your heart and mind. He is a great God and we worship Him and Him alone. —
1. Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life and they shall never perish neither shall any man plug them out of My hand. —
My father which gave Me them is greater than all and no man is able to plug them out of My Father’s hand. I and my Father are one”. (John 10:27-30) —
2. God’s promise today is: We are safe in the Father’s and the Son’s hands. —
Next week: Why is God so mindful of man? —