Is this the end of the world?
Is coronavirus a government conspiracy to take over the world?
I don’t believe God is in heaven doing a one hand clap. Saying oh no!
I Believe He is in control.
I Believe He is faithful.
I Believe He is overseeing.
I Believe He will not leave us nor forsake us.
- I. From as far back as we can remember in human history, we have had epidemics and pandemics.
- A. 1331 to 1353AD – The Black Death plague killed 75 million to 200,000,000 starting in Asia. It spread to the Mediterranean and Western Europe and killed 20 to 30,000,000 Europeans in six years. A third of the total population. The disease reoccurred in England every 2 to 5 years from 1361 to 1480. By the 1370s England’s population was reduced by 50 percent.
- B. 1918 to 1920AD – The Spanish flu (h1n1) infected 500 million worldwide and killed over 50 million people in six months. The Spanish flu killed more people in 25 weeks than AIDS in 25 years.
- C. 1957 to 1958AD – The Asian flu (h2n2), first identified in China in late February 1957, killed 2 million globally and 70,000 in the United States by June 1957.
- D. 1968 to 1969AD – The Hong Kong flu (h3n2) was first detected in Hong Kong in 1968, killing 1 million worldwide and 34,000 in the United States.
- E. 2009AD – The Swine flu (h1n1) was first detected in Mexico in 2009 killing 500,000 worldwide and 12,000 in the United States.
- F. For the sake of time we won’t talk about the many other plagues like smallpox and tuberculosis which humanity has faced.
- II. Human history proves that people have faced many plagues throughout its history. WHY?
- A. When man (Adam) chose his own way apart from God then a separation between God and man occurred, resulting in sin. Sickness, disease and death are byproducts of sin.
- III. What should we do?
- A. Trust and live for God. (Exodus 12:3,7,12)
- 1. When the plagues came into Egypt, God’s people were protected by the blood that represented Jesus and their obedience to follow and obey God.
- 2. We are people of faith. Does this mean that no Christian will ever get sick? No, but we will declare healing scriptures and speak life, trusting God. “To live is Christ, to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21) No matter what, we win!
- IV. What do we believe then?
- A. We walk by faith and not fear. (2 Corinthians 5:6-8, 2 Timothy 1:7, John 14:1-3, 27)
- B. We will love people and be sensitive to them and help them in any way that we can. We are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. (Matthew 5:13-16)
- C. We do not think like or conform to this world. We are different. (Romans 12:1-2)
- D. We do not worry about tomorrow. (Matthew 6:34)
- E. We believe that, “No weapon formed against us shall prosper”. (Isaiah 54:17)
- F. “We will not grow weary in well doing.” (Galatians 6:9)
- G. We believe that God will speak to people’s hearts during this time and many will come to know Him as we reach out and love people. (Acts 2:46-47)
- V. We Believe in prayer:
- A. God, we pray for healing for those who are sick with coronavirus.
- B. God, we pray for all of those who are in leadership during this pandemic that You will give them wisdom and vision to lead us.
- C. God, we pray for our economy, that You will provide for us and sustain us worldwide.
- D. God, we pray for all of those who do not know You, who need Your love and peace. We pray they will commit their heart and life to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- E. Lord I give You my heart and ask You to save me and my family. I make a decision to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of my life. (Romans 10:9-10)
-Now Please go to our next steps at miracleplacechurch.org/nextsteps
-God is faithful and everything’s gonna be all right as you trust Him and live for Him.