There is Still Light in Goshen
“21 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.” (Exodus 10:21-23)
Prayers for the World in Pandemic:
1. Psalm 107:20 – “He sent His word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”
Lord, today we pray for the health of the United States of America and the world. We ask You to intervene and heal our world. We bind coronavirus and every other disease and release the healing virtue of Jesus Christ to heal each individual.
2. Isaiah 41:10 – “Fear not, for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Father, we pray for all families who have lost loved ones and who are fighting the virus, asking You to send Your love and mercy to comfort and strengthen them.
3. II Chronicles 7:14 – “If my people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Forgive us and help us turn from our sinful ways back to You. Give us a clear conscience so we can believe and trust You.
4. I Timothy 2:2 – “Pray for kings and for all that are in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty.”
We pray for our president and all leadership worldwide, national, state and local that You will give them wisdom to lead us. We pray for all experts in disease and economics to lead and advise governmental leadership.
We pray that this crisis will cease to be a political tool and that those in government will work for the good of the people and not a party.
5. Mark 4:26-27 – “Jesus said, so is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground. And when he sleeps and rises night and day, the seed shall spring forth and grow up yet the man knows not how.”
Lord, protect and provide for people who are struggling and experiencing loss. We pray for our economy to grow exponentially and that You will bless it.
6. Exodus 9:16 – “For this cause have I raised you up, to show in you my power, and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.”
Praying You will draw all men unto Yourself. Give us open hearts to take this opportunity to turn to You so you can show us your power.
7. Psalms 91:9-10 – “I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God: in Him will I trust. Surely He shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler and from the overwhelming pestilence.”
We lift up all Miracle Place Church members and all of our associates. We ask for Your hedge of protection, Your favor and Your blessing to be upon us. We love You and we trust You and know that You are in control and everything is going to be alright.
8. Isaiah 30:21 – “Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying this is the way, walk in it.”
God we ask for Your wisdom to lead us and ask You to show us what to do and how to do it. We trust Your voice, now lead us in the name of Jesus.
Let’s talk about the light of God in Goshen. God protected His people from all the plagues and delivered them out of bondage. (Exodus 3-12)
A. How does this story relate to us?
B. How did God keep His promise to His people?