Faithful and Grateful
II Peter 1:3-4
- What is faith and how does faith really work? What does it mean to release your faith?
- “Without faith it is impossible to please God: for he that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6)
- Our expectations set the limits for our lives.
- As we believe God for His best, for His good, for His favor, for His blessing then things start to change.
- The more we believe God and expect God, the more we trust Him and have an anticipation that He will come through for us.
- The more we look to God and hope in Him, the more favor comes, more doors open, more of the right people connect with me who are tied to my destiny.
- What happens when we stop complaining, speaking negative, cursing and fussing? It’s amazing! When we start believing God by declaring and decreeing the goodness of God it releases God Himself to move in our lives. Now good breaks start to come, increase starts to manifest, our lives start to go to new levels. God (success) starts to work for us, promotion, new horizons.
- Whatever we believe is what we get. If we believe and expect little then that is what we receive. Life is what we make it. “I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, love the Lord your God, obey Him, and remain faithful to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land the LORD swore to give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)
- Every day, all day, seven days a week, 24 hours a day, we must trust God, look to Him, believe in Him and expect, hope, trust, call and decree His favor, blessing, glory, power, and wisdom in and over our lives.
- Faith is released and activated when we yield to God and allow Him to flow. His presence and power moves in our lives when we think and speak of Him and His goodness.
- Mountains are being removed, obstacles are disappearing, and problems are becoming opportunities. Our paths are being made straight. (Mark 11:22-25)
- Confess that good things are happening in your life: “Today is going to be a great day and tomorrow is going to be even better and greater! This year is the year of promotion, protection, and provision. This is the year of the favor of the Lord.”
- Our expectations work both ways.
- Israel sent 12 spies out, 10 were negative and two were positive. (Numbers 13:30-33)
- There are two languages we can choose to speak either NO or GO.
- The (natural) language of unbelief says: (II Corinthians 5:7)
- We saw,
- We are not able,
- We are not as strong, and
- We are like grasshoppers up against them.
- The language of belief says:
- We are well able,
- The Lord will,
- God will give,
- Giants are bread for us, and
- Let us go up at once!
GO: Releases God to move – this is faith released.
- The language of doubts does four things:
- Disobeys God,
- Does not believe God’s future or destiny for us,
- Contaminates people around us, and
- It kills God’s favor and blessing and leaves us stuck in a rut.
- Conclusion: when we think right, we believe right, speak right and live right by giving God all the praise and glory and honor and worship every day all day. Now we are releasing God into ourselves, our situations, our circumstances and He is fighting on our behalf and leading us for His glory. Now our lives are no longer natural, but supernatural. Now it’s all about Him and not us. The language of believing God:
- Determines everything; our approach and relationships with people,
- Is the difference between success and failure.
- Turns problems into blessings, and
- Is a choice; it is life or death, blessing or curse. God’s supernatural or our natural. Will we be successful or fail? Will we live high, or low?
Joshua and Caleb were the only two out of their generation who went into the Promised Land. The rest died in the wilderness and never obtained God’s perfect will with all of His promises. Today, we have a choice. Life or death, blessing or curse, success or failure, NO or GO, doubt and do without, or believe and receive. Please believe God, it’s so much easier.